Sunday, November 3, 2013

Boys will be boys,,,or is it beasts?

Nov. 3 From Tom:

A group of boys plays soccer on a dirt field near us. There is no grass so they just rearrange the rocks to give them sidelines and goals and play hardscrabble ball. I stopped once before and they were fun and wanted me to take their pictures. I sent some to Carter.

Today, they had a bigger group playing and I took some shots and then they spotted me, an old gray American with a camera, so they came up and were jousting with me. I got them to line up for a pose and they were pretty good. But as I was trying to communicate with one of them, someone pointed to my car and there were about 8 of them rifling through my car. They got a bag of nuts but I was worried about the expensive GPS navigation unit that cost several hundred. They didn't find that but it was a tug-of-war to get them out. Then they wanted money. I thought it was time to leave. I got the doors locked to go around but they got in again. Basically, I was driving off with them hanging on the side.

Ronna was not happy when I told her. :(
Note the carefully groomed turf--tough on a sliding tackle. 

Team Picture--just before they ransacked my car

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How did they get in a locked car? Next time keep some chocolate flavored X-lax in your car....That will teach them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little punks!!! Do you need to buy a gun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you are on the Prayer roll...sounds as though you are receiving those blessings of safety so long as you don't do something that will interfere with the Lords errand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK....I would be seriously unhappy if something were to happen to you.....time to come home?!

    ReplyDelete