Thursday, October 24, 2013

Salome and AK-47's

Oct 24, 2013 From Tom:

We just got an email from Kelly saying lot's of people are living boring lives and vicariously having fun through our 'adventurous lives.' Well, right now I'd like a little boredom. I'm trying to prepare my Gospel Doctrine lesson for tomorrow, ( Friday) and there is a wild party going above and next to us. There is a lot of firing of guns, including machine guns, from our roof and from the next door neighbors house. The music is like Salome dancing and is shaking the house. I don't want to peek. People are running up and down our stairway and I don't dare.....There goes the machine gun again. I think we'll sleep under the bed.

I know they are just having a party, but it hardly is in harmony with the mission of Elijah.

So right now, I could use some boredom. Oh and if that isn't enough, we got an email from the Embassy warning us not to venture to the north section of Amman tomorrow afternoon because there is going to be a demonstration of some sort. Wonderful! It gives special meaning to the linger longer we will be having after church.

3 comments:

  1. That is hilarious!!! Not for you, I'm sure. Why were they running up your stairs?? Maybe they were getting ready for a sacrifice...you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just scary. I didn't know you had such rowdy neighbors. Don't make enemies, they have machine guns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great experiences! Adds a whole new meaning to partying!! Its not BYOB, it is BYOG! And make sure it is a machine gun! haha! These Jordanians have great spirit!!

    ReplyDelete